Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 46

Last night my pops and sister came over for dinner after work.
Before I left in the morning though, I threw some food into the slow cooker so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking when I got home. I didn't so much throw as much as followed a recipe, this one to be exact. Tex Mex Chicken Note that no where does it say add water, but if you make this, ADD WATER. When I got home everything had burnt to the bottom. Luckily I was able to just add some water then and save the meal. We put it on a bed of basmati rice and it was quite good.

After almost killing dinner I was counting on my home made eclairs for dessert to save the day. NOPE.
I had made the dough the night before and put it in the fridge like Martha Stewart said I could, but then when I put them in the oven for the minimum time recommended they burnt to a crisp and didn't expand at all. Disappointment number two. With my sister having to work a little later, I decided to make and entirely new batch, since all it consisted of milk, water, butter, salt, flour, and eggs. The second batch didn't rise very much either. But they tasted great with home made whipped cream and powered sugar sprinkled on top.

Here's a little peek at how they turned out.

 AF

No comments:

Post a Comment